Welcome to my little home on the net! I hope this is a place where you can come and spend a few minutes escaping the pressures of life and enjoying the serenity of dolls!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Blythe



I am rather ashamed to admit that I have owned six Blythe dolls in less than one year! None of them stayed for longer than two months.
My first Blythe came in the form of "Roaring Red" from Ashton Drake. She had a simple, long red dress and long dark brown hair swept up in a bun. She was very pretty but she only stayed with me for two months.
My next doll was "Pow Wow Poncho" from Ashton Drake. Her stock outfit was rather boring, a brown poncho and white skivvy with matching stockings. Her hair was beautiful, long wavy blond. I dressed her up at Christmas time in a cute outfit from Sugar Mag. She looked so pretty. Sadly, she moved on in January!
Purple Pinafore from Ashton Drake was my third Blythe. She stayed less than two weeks! I couldn't cope with that hair.
I gave Blythe a miss for a while. Then I heard about Cassiopeia Spice and knew that I had to have her! When she arrived I loved her stock outfit but...........that hair! oh my! I couldn't do a thing with it. She left the next day!!
Recently I started looking at Blythe again. There was a fantastic special on Simply Guava and Simply Mango. I bought Guava for myself and Mango for my daughter. I loved dressing her, I loved photographing her. But the pink hair.........it just wasn't for me. I sold her two weeks later. My daughter still has Mango and she isn't going anywhere.
The only Blythe that I have really wanted for a long time is HEATHER SKY. I love her tan skin and long brown hair. She is slightly more expensive than the cheaper Blythe's and because of this I have not bought her. I think that for Christmas I might treat myself. I know it is not Blythe's fault, it is mine! But I really think Heather Sky might be the one that stays!

No comments:

Post a Comment